Tuesday, November 4, 2008

"Man Blogging"

Apparently my new blogging endeavor has brought to light a fundamental question that I failed to ask myself and others prior to creating a blog. It may be too late for me to ask, but for the sake of all MAN kind, I'll ask here. Since my audience obviously consists mostly of all my wife's friends, "Is it acceptable for a grown (unshaven, I might add) man to have a blog, about nothing in particular, or is that just too wierd?".

Let's face it, the majority of the blogs out there that I see are young moms who are using the blog world as a website for their kid's pictures, and in the case of my wife, an opportunity to share the kid's photos while socializing with all of her friends via commenting on each other's blogs.

This subject stemmed from a co-worker (who's wife by-the-way read and commented on my first blog) who asked "what do men have to blog about?". So I thought about it, and I can't think of anything. Sports maybe, but I think ESPN has that covered. I don't talk much anyway (this may be a slight understatement), so what do I have to bring to the table everyday for discussion?

I would appreciate feedback from the peanut gallery on whether "man blogging" is going to be acceptable in this little cyberspace circle that has been created. I will also add a poll, so feel free to just vote if you don't have time to elaborate on the subject.

Disclaimer: In the event that the results of this poll show a negative response to "man blogging", I will most certainly shut down this blog venture in an attempt to save face with all of my wife's friends.

9 comments:

Tricia said...

I think it is perfectly acceptable for a man to blog! I can't wait to hear about all of Marsha's adventures from your viewpoint!

Joe said...

There is definitely a limit to "man blogging". Funny stories, pictures, situations and observations are fine but discussing your feelings too much is the downfall of the man.....watch yourself. Before long you could be blog stalking some person/family you have never met before and can't go to sleep until you have read their blog...I think my wife my be there now. When you know the way to get to someone's blog by clicking on 72 links on other blogs you may have a problem. Just my .02

Michelle said...

I'm cracking up! First of all you put a poll on your blog. I don't even know how to do that yet. That tells me you spent some time working on this blog today and you are doing research on it. That's hilarious! You have to keep the blog. Joseph's comment is too much for me to handle and absolutely hilarious as well. I can not go to sleep either without checking all blogs "one last time" and then check them again as soon as I wake up.

On another note...I saw the Westwood staff at lunch today and Pastor Les is participating in No Shave November. He even talked Scott into it. What have you guys started?!

Bre said...

This is cracking me up and YES I am a total blog stalker and I cant help it. It is a true addiction!!! I hope to be added to your blog list. because I know you want to blog stalk and see bag pipes and potato sak races, LOL!!

Karen said...

Hilarious! I am all for your blog. I am impressed that you figured out how to put a poll on your blog! Keep it coming!

Kristi said...

I support your blogging. I voted. We would all love to hear your side of things. My husband said he should jump on the blog wagon but I said no. People would not be ready for all the negativity. Do it for all the quiet, sensitive supressed husbands.

Joe said...

I think I may have to break down and participate in the "No Shave November". I feel as a true children's ministry worker that I am not a man if I don't. Now granted it will take me until the end of the month to actually show that I am not shaving and it will be the most spotted thing in the world but I feel that I need to "for the kids". To say the least my wife is thrilled!!

Unknown said...

Okay, rule number one is no blogging while your wife is at work. I had to wait all day to get home. I still can't believe you put a pole. I can't wait to read what is going on in your head on a daily basis.

Stu said...

Joey, Joey, Joey,

First, I'm in for all of the gray beards and it will not be a pretty sight, but a vast improvement.

We all knew it was only a matter of time before the Rock Star from 9:30 Sunday went global, if only in written word.

Continue on brother. I need a daily injection of Joeyisms.